Friday, June 18, 2010

The Things We Get To Do...

Oh the things we get to do! The other day we had to take AJ to the hospital for an ultrasound. Found out he has a small hernia. When we were leaving the Dr.'s office, the boys found this big frog. They wanted to catch it and take it home to Utah for Korbin, but I would not let them put it in the car. I know I am a real party pooper, but what can I say. He was a cute frog, but none the less, a frog. The frog remained at the Dr.'s office. Maybe a princess will come one day and plant a big kiss on those lips...YUCK!

Anyway, after two really tough days and a lot of homesickness, I had a great day yesterday.

The boys and I were able to go to a fireside that my cousin Kim Smith and her son Brian were doing. Kim is Joseph Smith's great great grand daughter. She talks about the Smith children and her conversion story. If any of you have the opportunity to attend one of her firesides i encourage you to do so. She travel all over so, you can alsobook her for a youth conference or area fireside. It is worth it. Anyway, later that evening Kim came by the house and asked my friend Karen and me if we wanted to go into the Nauvoo House. Of course we jumped at the opportunity. We took Logan with us and the four of us headed to the house. It was so neat!

We went upstairs and were able to take a few photos by the window in Emma's room. Emma died in that room and Kim shared some very
personal stories of the events that took place there. I was in awe about the whole experience. Emma had to have shed many tears as she watched dear friends leave to head West. What an amazing woman! We also went to the top floor that still has the original brick walls. It was really neat. We took a few pictures there too. There is a really cute picture of Logan and my friend Karen in a window. From the window you can see the Homestead. I would have posted it,
but I cut Logan's chin off in the picture. Sorry, Logan! There are some beautiful views from the window's of that home. You can see the Mississippi and just imagine what it was like to watch the Saints cross that cold, cold river. What courage it took. I have decided that I don't have much courage, but am learning to have more each and every day that I am here.















This is a picture of Logan with a wall mural of Lewis Bidiman and Emma. It was a great day! When we got home it was just getting dark and the yard wad filled with tons of fire flies. That is one of my favorite parts of being here in the summer...fireflies. They just make me happy. That is one of the little lessons I have learned here...no matter what, no matter how hard the day was, the fireflies still light up at night. They shine no matter what. I want to be like the fireflies, no matter what I want to shine. I want the Lord to be able to count on my light every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment