Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pageant.....

It is so much fun living right across the street from where they perform pageant. The cast members come over and we get to spend some time with them here at the house. They are truly amazing people. I love them all dearly. It was exciting to see pageant for the first time. After we had our picture taken with some of the cast members. See if you can guess who they portray in the show. I know that they are only portraying the saints that lived in this great city, but they become so real to us. They are so personal. The other day I was able to go to the grove and watch Jeff portray Joseph Smith in the King Follett discourse. It was amazing. I felt as if I was right there when he actually gave thissermon. I have been touched many times by the spirit here. I love those early saints more and more each and every day. In the pageant they say, "When you are here, we are here." That is a true statement. I feel their presence everyday. If you come to Nauvoo just to see the sights, you are missing the whole spirit of Nauvoo. I have gained such a great love and greater understanding for those saints who sacrificed everything and truly walked by faith each and every day. I love them! Ilove this city. The other night Joseph(Jeff) wasover to the house. He carved this picture in the watermelon. Do you who it is? Everyday is so much fun when you are with Joseph! The day I went to hear the discourse of King Follett, there was a man who walked up to Joseph (Jeff) when he had finished and told him that he had been practicing for six months and pulled out a big stick. Joseph sat down on the ground in the grove and they had a stick pull competition. Joseph won in a matter of seconds. They did best two out of three and Joseph won all three of them. A couple of other people challenged him and he won every time, except for the time he let the seven year old boy beat him and then he told him he was so excited for him to turn eight so that he could then be baptized. It was so neat. The entire time he was laughing and talking with the people in the grove. I honestlyfelt as if I was right there with the prophet. I know he had a deep love for the saints of Nauvoo and considered each one of them his dear, dear friend. He loved the people, the gospel and the Lord.




















No comments:

Post a Comment