Monday, July 19, 2010

Chicago Here We Come....

Last week AJ and I took a day trip to the windy city. We rode the train into Chicago and spent the day seeing as many sights and doing as much shopping as we could. It was so much fun to spend the day together. We ate prime rib for lunch and had deep dish Chicago pizza for dinner. We saw some beautiful parks and cathedrals and walked till our feet felt as if they would fall off. After working so hard for so many weeks and having an aching body, it was nice to have some retail therapy. There is nothing a good shopping trip can't cure....right Jon?
AJ said that his favorite part of the day was the taxi rides. We had one pretty wild and wacky driver. He did get us to Union Station on time, but almost took out a couple of pedestrians along the way. We saw some really fun and interesting things. We also saw a few wacko's in that city. I think my favorite part of the trip was just being able to have some one on one time with my son.
On the train ride home I fell asleep and AJ noticed that I had goose bumps on my arms. He took his brand new jacket out of the bag and placed it over my cold body. When I woke up I noticed the jacket on me. He said, "Mom, you looked so cold. I just had to cover your goose bumps." That was truly the highlight of my day. I would pay any amount of money for those tender moments. Thanks for remembering your old mother AJ. I love you!








No comments:

Post a Comment