Sunday, September 12, 2010

Family Time.....

This past week was Labor Day. What is Labor Day anyway? I thought it was a day that parents were able to utilize their children's time and talents and have them dedicate themselves to one full day of labor around the house. I guess I have been wrong all these years because my children think it is the last vacation of the year. Hmmmm? We went for a hike up to Stewart Falls in the morning. It was really nice. I was happy to be with all of my kids, well all except AJ. He decided to stay home. We hiked and talked and when we got to the falls
, Lissa was the only one who actually went behind the waterfall. Way to go Lissa! I knew if I got wet I would be miserable for the rest of the day.

The plan was to go on the hike in the morni
ng and then we were going to go to Park City and meet my brothers and their families and my parents out lunch. We would then hang out in Park City for the rest of the day.

Well, l
ets say that things didn't goes exactly the way they were supposed to. Jon parked close to a bush and when we backed out of the parking lot the very strong wicked bush yanked and pulled and actually tore the whole front bumper right off of his car. We were shocked and stood them with the most dumbfounded looks on our faces. How on earth could this happen? We decided it would not be safe to drive to Park City, so we headed home. All in all it was still a fun day since we spent it with family.
My birthday was a few weeks ago and for my birthday Jon gave me a massage table. I know that may seem like an odd gift, but the family has had a great time taking turns giving and receiving massages. It really came in handy when Tyler returned from running the Red Rock Relay, which by the way his teal placed 19 out of 185 teams, anyway, his legs were hurting so bag so Lissa, Jon and I took turns working him over on the table. It was fun to hear his groans of agony as we barely touched those aching muscles.

Things for us are good right now. We have some really tough challenges, but are facing them he
ad on and getting through as a family. We just finished a wonderful area conference and were fed some great spiritual thoughts. they give us courage to face the trials and be able to come out of them okay. Life is hard, I know that, but I have hope that each of us will be okay if we are surrounded by family. They are the ones who cheer us on. They are the ones who weep with us. They are the ones who stand by our side and lift us when we can't lift ourselves when we can't stand alone anymore. Thanks family for continuing to stand by me when I am week. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment