Thursday, September 2, 2010

Call me a slacker!

I know...since I have been home I have not been very faithful in keeping up with my blog. I keep saying that it is because I have not taken any pictures. That is such a lame excuse. I should take pictures of daily normal life. I am going to get better at that. It has been quite the transition since I have been home. I t was difficult to get back into the groove of things. The kids have all started school now and we seem to be on a schedule. I love routines and schedules, wait I only love my schedules.
Jon and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary this month. Wow...I can't believe we have been married for twenty-five years. As I look back over time there are a lot of things I wish we could change, but know that those are the things that have made us grow closer and stronger. It is wonderful having someone to travel through life with. It has been such a roller coaster ride and I feel we have learned a lot from raising our family. We celebrated our anniversary by having all the kids back home together. We have been separated all summer. We had a great dinner and enjoyed talking about our experiences we each had. I love my kids. Being the mom is not easy. I have to remind myself of that every day.
I also celebrated my birthday this month. It was not too eventful since I received a migraine for my birthday. My boys were very sweet. Each one got me a gift. Tyler and Lissa bought pizza for everyone and gave me some beautiful roses. AJ gave me the most wonderful bouquet of Gerber daisies and Kelton gave me a scented oil warmer for the house. Logan ordered a gift for me from the inter net, but it has not come yet. I feel so loved.
We have had a few challenges the past week and once again our faith is being tested. I am trying to be strong, but feel so weak at times. I know that when we have some wonderful spiritual experience and can't help but share it with everyone, that makes Satan furious. He will do anything he can to stop us from sharing the gospel and the light with others. Oh how I hate him. I also know that there are many people on both sides of the veil that are helping us fight this battle. Sometimes it is just so hard to keep fighting. I wish I could raise my family in an isolation booth on a lovely beach in the Caribbean. (Wishful thinking?) To everyone out there that may be battling the forces of evil, hang on, band together and be strong. We will win. We have to win. I love this gospel it gives me hope in a world where everything seems so wicked. It gives me peace when there is turmoil all around and it gives me courage to take one more step forward each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment